Healthcare Career Coach
The Dan River Region Collaborative (DRRC) intends to enter into a contractual agreement with an individual and/or an organization to provide career coaching services to the employees of the following hospitals: Danville Regional Medical Center, Halifax Regional Health System, and Memorial Hospital of Martinsville.
Overview of the Collaborative: The Dan River Region Collaborative was founded in 2008 to address workforce development in the Dan River Region of Virginia. The mission is to improve employment, training, and labor market outcomes for low-income individuals, ultimately supporting the improvement of both the quality of jobs and capacity of workers across the region.
Required Services: Work with the respective hospital Human Resource Directors to provide career development and coaching services to healthcare employees (clinical and nonclinical). Services include:
- creating individualized career development plans for employees with clear action items that lead to progressive employment opportunities, matching the employees’ goals;
- maintain effective relationships with regional employers and training providers;
- use own vehicle during the course of fulfilling contractual duties and tasks;
- maintain individual records for each employee noting career development activities and outcomes (ex. wage increases, promotions, certifications);
- coordinate regional training opportunities for incumbent workers;
- attend quarterly regional Healthcare Partnership meetings to share training and career development outcomes; and
- provide employee-level data to the Collaborative evaluation team.
Required Qualifications: Preference will be given to an individual or organization who demonstrates a thorough understanding of the healthcare sector to include licensure/certification requirements. Experience within a hospital setting is preferred. Demonstrates a commitment to the hospital mission and Code of Ethics. Must be able to work well within a variety of settings. Must be able to build effective, collaborative partnerships between multiple employers.
Interested individuals/companies should submit a response of no more than five pages, noting the following: relevant experience (based on required qualifications), deliverables with quarterly goals (employees served, training placements, new placements with wage increase, etc.), and cost for services. Please include contact information and Federal Tax ID, if applicable, on the coversheet. Proposals should be sent to Julie Brown at the address below or by email attachment (pdf file) to email@example.com.
Julie J. Brown
Dan River Region Collaborative
PO Box 11716
Danville, Va 24543
Proposal Deadline: August 19, 2013
Anticipated Effective Dates of Contract: September 1, 2013 – August 31, 2014
Anticipated Contractual Compensation: $40,000 - $44,000
Inquiries/Questions: contact Julie Brown at 434-836-5674 or firstname.lastname@example.org