NCRC Cost and Benefits
There is limited funding from the Tobacco Region Retivalization Commission to assist counties that are working toward becoming Certified Work Ready Communities for Southern Virginia and Go Virginia Region 3.
The SOVA CWRC effort offers a suite of assessments and certifications that measure an individual’s foundational workplace skills such as math, reading and locating information – skills required for a majority of today’s jobs.
Use of the NCRC as an assessment tool:
- assures new hires will have the foundational skills required to quickly learn job-specific skills
- reduces training costs
- improves productivity
- helps identify skill gaps, training, and promotion opportunities for your current employees
- through job profiling, employers can match job requirements to candidates’ skill levels
Earning an NCRC can be the first stop on a jobseeker’s successful career pathway. The certificate verifies a person's skill level for potential employers and demonstrates commitment to success. To improve one's skills, easy-to-access skills gap training is also available. All of this adds up to a competitive advantage, better job and brighter future.
Additional benefits include:
- Confidence that foundational skills meet the needs of local employers
- Ranking above other job applicants lacking an NCRC
- Better understanding of employers’ requirements for job performance
- Determining skill improvements and training opportunities
- Realizing opportunities for career advancement and promotions
- Demonstrating on a resume an understanding of skills employers want
Skills gap training powered by KeyTrain® can help students boost their certificate level, making them more competitive in today’s job market. Skills gap training consists of online, personalized education sessions that help improve WorkKeys assessment scores and overall NCRC levels.